If you’re running a pay-per-click (PPC) campaign, it’s important to perform regular keyword maintenance to ensure that your ads are reaching the right audience and maximizing your return on investment (ROI). Here are the top things you should be doing regularly:
- Analyze performance: Regularly review the performance of your keywords and ads to identify which ones are generating the most clicks and conversions. This will help you determine which keywords to keep and which ones to pause or remove.
- Add new keywords: Continuously research and add new relevant keywords to your campaign. This will help you expand your reach and target new audiences.
- Remove irrelevant keywords: Remove any keywords that are not generating clicks or conversions, or that are not relevant to your business. This will help you improve your campaign’s performance and reduce wasted ad spend.
- Optimize bids: Adjust your bids for each keyword based on their performance. Increase bids for keywords that are generating conversions and decrease bids for those that are not performing well.
- Improve ad copy: Regularly update and test your ad copy to improve click-through rates (CTR) and conversions. Try different headlines, descriptions, and calls-to-action to see what works best.
- Monitor competition: Keep an eye on your competitors’ ads and keywords. This will help you identify opportunities to improve your own campaign and stay ahead of the competition.
- Refine targeting: Refine your targeting options to reach your ideal audience. This may include targeting specific locations, devices, or demographics.
By performing these regular maintenance tasks, you can ensure that your PPC campaign is always optimized for maximum ROI.